I have, in response to a challenge (sort of) from a woman I greatly admire, begun to put together my Life List.
A list of 100 (or so) things I want to do before I go. So far, I have this:
1. learn to scuba dive
2. live in another country
3. play an unconventional instrument proficiently
4. eat Greek yogurt in Greece
5. write a novel
6. publish a book of poetry
7. pass Statistics
8. finish my Associate's Degree
9. get a Bachelor's Degree
10. live in a house with insulation and new windows that keep the heat in
11. live in a clean house with enough storage space for everything we need
12. go to Loy Krathong in Thailand (festival of floating lights - usually in November)
13. go to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
14. get back to a healthier weight
15. La Tomatina (tomato fight festival in Spain)
16. make a quilt
17. knit a scarf
18. go to Sedlec Ossuary (church of bones)
19. grow a garden full of things we can eat
20. start a monthly board game playing night/party
21. sell things on etsy
22. own at least as many cashmere sweaters as there are days of the week
23. own at least one pair of expensive and well-fitting jeans
There will be more. I am excited. I already want to work towards these things. Some of them, I am already working towards! Woot!
It's shaping up to be a rough week (finals, headaches, Christmas, brokeness, panic attacks, etc), but it could improve at any moment, and I am ever-hopeful.
P.S. As I was typing this, I got distracted and forgot that I had put a kettle on for tea. This lovely new kettle that we had been given for a wedding present, and it sat on the burner for an hour, and the handle melted. This is why I should never have a kettle without a whistle. I am amazing.